Sunday, June 19, 2011

For FATHER"s DAY, 2011

Ross J. CARE, Ross B. Care, Harrisburg, PA. Mid-late 1940s.

My father rarely had his photograph taken because he was always taking them. This was almost certainly taken by my mother, mid-late 1940s.

The location is in front of the grim gray stone, maybe granite, of the State Capitol Building in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

To the far right of this angle would have what was then the State Museum housed in a wing of the Capitol dome. Beyond the museum was Capitol Park.

Note the classic fedora in my father's left hand, and the the little red kangaroo toy in my right.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++


It may be Easter because when I zoomed in on this while I was restoring it I noticed a plush rabbit between my father and I.

This is from a Kodachrome color transparency, so it did not need much work, just a bit of cleaning up.
Note: Unfortunately they did not put dates on slides then.


No comments:

Post a Comment